In the version 0.3.0 you will find a lot of new features, such as:
- Finding servers is now easy! With support for the metaserver protocol the client can get (and display) lists of both remote and local servers.
- The user interface has been rewritten so that it now uses the wxWidgets AUI interface (like found in Microsoft Visual Studio IDE) and takes advantage of XRC (an XML-based resource system).
- The client now supports internationalization (under Windows and Linux) and has been translated to Slovenian.
- Downloading the universe is significantly faster, less likely to get stuck and more informative.
- The star map has been drastically changed and you can now,
- Choose how objects are coloured, either on a per player basis or on own versus enemy basis.
- See the resources availability using the resource pie-chart overlay.
- Quickly see what is in a star system with new information pop-ups for objects.
- Issue move orders painlessly with a new waypoint mode and context menu for quickly issuing single orders.
- Use shortcuts to manipulate the star map using the keyboard.
- The interface has been drastically improved on long latency links through the ability to see the pending status of orders. The client now works correctly when there are many outstanding changes of any type.
- Continue reading the original post for more…